Saturday, November 30, 2013

Black Friday - Ovechkin, Parent and Roy, oh my!

As I noted in my "Bleedin' Brown and Gold" San Diego Padres blog, I admitted to getting up early Friday morning, dragging my turkey-sated, tryptophan-laden carcass out to take part in a Black Friday shopping spree at RyansCardz, one of my local brick and mortar card stores here in the Des Moines-area.

Ryan had some sweet discounts, so I picked up a Panini Prizm Hockey and some card supplies. Since we were embarking upon a 150-mile trip to visit family, I patiently (?!) waited until Saturday morning to open the box. Needless to say, it was well worth the wait.

Among some of the really nice cards I pulled were this Patrick Roy Immortal (I6), Bernie Parent Orange Endless Impressions Prizm (EI2, #49/50), an Antoine Russel (AAR) autograph, Damien Brunner Initial Impressions Prizm (II10), Nail Yakupov Initial Impressions (II1), and a Mike Smith Net Defenders (ND20).
 
I feel I did pretty well in the RC department as well, with pulls of C Drew LeBlanc (222) and G Ryan Stanton (223)of the Blackhawks, which are going into my PC, as well as G Darcy Kuemper (248) of the Minnesota Wild - we've seen him play a few games with our hometown AHL affilitate Iowa Wild, but he's spent the past week up in Minneapolis due to Josh Harding's injury. Among my better RC pulls are Vladimir Tarasenko (282) of the St. Louis Blues, Beau Bennett (276) of Pittsburgh, Brendan Gallagher (252) of Montreal, and Danny DeKevser (236) and Peter Mrazek (237) of Detroit.
Up to this point, this would have qualified as a really nice box of cards. However (drum roll please), there remains yet another card -- one of the most awesomest pulls I have ever had -- an Alexander Ovechkin Autograph Prizm, numbered 20/20.
What made was Black Friday experience especially nice, was that Panini provided dealers 2013 Panini Black Friday promo packs. Among its hockey offerings, I recieved a Black Friday Steven Stamkos (11) and Sidney Crosby (3) card.
 
Not bad at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment