Sunday, December 28, 2014

A very Merry COMC Christmas to me!

With the Christmas holidays and an extra week of time off, I had plenty of time to hit up the COMC website. As usual, I helped out on their COMC Challenges, so I was able to give myself a very nice Christmas present - a stack of very nice, free cards, satisfying my hockey, Packers and Padres passions.

Starting out with hockey, I loaded up on some nice rookie cards.

 
How about three 2013-14 Upper Deck Young Guns, including Justin Fontaine, Tom Wilson and J.T. Miller. a pair of 2013-14 Panini Norris Contenders Victor Hedman, S/N 453/499 and Seth Jones, S/N 264/499, and a 2013-14 SPx Scott Laughton RC.

Two of my favorite players on the Chicago Blackhawks are Tony Esposito and Stan Mikita. I wasn't able to find any new Espositos, but I was able to add these Mikitas - a 1995-96 Parkhurst '66-67 Prototype, S/N 26/1966 and a 2007-08 SP Notables, S/N 478/1999. As for the Parkie, the only listings I can find for Mikita in this series is a #24 Mikita and a #125 Jen Believeau/Stan Mikita AS, so I need to do a bit more digging.

When it comes to football, I'm an old-school Packer fan, first and foremost. Of course, having lived in San Diego at one time, I do consider the Chargers my "AFC Team," so that's why I picked up this 2000 Donruss All-Time Gridiron King Dan Fouts, S/N 207/2500. My wife loved Fouts, saying he reminded her of me back when I had my beard.
 
When it comes to the Green and Gold, it was a no-brainer to add two of my favorites - Bart Star and Vince Lombardi. The Starr, a 2011 Topps Super Bowl Legends and the Lombardi, a 2011 TRISTAR Obak T212 Mini, are sandwiched around a 1959 Topps Dan Currie RC.
 
Besides a few older San Diego Padres cards, I was also able to include these Tony Gwynn cards to my collection - a 1993 Fun  Pack, 1997 Pinnacle Certified, 2006 Upper Deck Ovation Curtain Calls and a 2014 Panini Prizm Prizms Camo.

As it is, I already have another 19 cards purchased through my COMC Challenges and the great news, is I'm only limited by the amount of challenges I can complete. Here's to many, many more COMC cards in the upcoming New Year.

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete