Saturday, December 26, 2015

A very Merry Christmas hockey repack

 
I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas holiday with their family and friends. I know I did.
 
For Christmas, my wife picked me up a 10-pack hockey re-pack box for my Christmas stocking. Since I haven't posted on this blog for awhile, I figured this would be as good a time as any to attempt to resurrect my "Hockey Card Geek" blog.
 
 
 
 
I can't say I was unhappy with the selection of the 10-packs inserted into this repack box. First off, there was a pair of 2009-2010 Upper Deck National Hockey Card Day Canada packs; a 2012-2013 National Hockey Card Day Canada; three packs of 2012-13 Score; a 2014-15 Artifacts pack; a 2013-14 Panini Prizm pack; and a 2012-13 Upper Deck Series one pack and 32-card pack.
 
I am going to spread opening these packs over a period of a few days, though. I will begin with the Canadian Hockey Day packs. Of course, we have our own version here in the states, but I've always enjoyed these Canadian cards. Unfortunately, they've always been hard to come across here south of the border.
 
The first pack of the 2009-10 cards included a Jonathan Toews (#HCD12), Matt Duchene (#HCD2), Vincent Cavalier (#HCD7) and a Mike Richards (#HCD9). Being a Blackhawk and Wild fan, I'll take a Toews card any opportunity I can.

The second  pack included a Martin Brodeur (#HCD8), Wayne Gretzky (#HCD14), Evander Kane (#HCD4), Rick Nash (#HCD10), and a Jarome Iginla (#HCD11). Actually, I like the layout of these cards, with the Canada, Rookies and Heroes titles laid vertically across the card. The sepia-toned backgrounds tend to make these pretty interesting, as well.

The 2012-13 National Hockey Card Day pack featured a Sidney Crosby (#NHCD6), Casey Cizkas (#NHCD5), Mark Stone (#NHCD4), Mario Lemieux (#NHCD14), and a Martin Brodeur (#NHCD10). Again, I love me these Canadian cards.

For my next column, I'll be opening the 2014-15 Artifacts pack and 2013-14 Panini Prizm pack.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment